China's Web Crackdown Gives Mobile Chat a Boost
Tencent Holdings' WeChat mobile messaging service stands to gain more users as China makes it more and more risky to vent opinions online. Long a hotbed for censorship, China has been turning up the heat even further on netizens believed to be spreading "rumors." China's Supreme Court recently ruled that jail was in the cards for anyone who posted a rumor that is viewed 5,000 times or re-posted 500 times.
Read the rest of this Article Here...
Tech News Related Articles:-
- Scientists Catch Up With Jedi in Understanding Light
- BlackBerry and Surface 2: The Fight to Reclaim Past Glory
- Valve: The Linux Steam Engine That Could?
- If You're a Cinephile, You'll Love Mubi - if Not, It May Make You One
- The Secrets to GTA's Massive Mainstream Success
- Evernote Gives Post-It Notes a 2nd Life
- European Lawmakers Push for Universal Chargers